Growing up we observe certain behaviors and expectations within our family and society that influence how we conclude things ought to be, but with a rare disease like MPS 1, if you make it to adulthood, there becomes a struggle between expectation and reality.
As a man, I grew up with the drive to be a provider, with what some would call a conservative perspective of "manly" expectations. Along my path to adulthood I had to face some pretty uncommon experiences that forced me to deal with everyday topics.
Last Updated June 2016
- Traditional gender roles in marriage
- Mother Denies My Right to Marry Her Daughter
- Should Rare Disease Patients Have Children
- Enzyme Replacement Therapy
- Walking In The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death
- Hyperbaric Wars - A Shattered Hope
What other topics do you think I should talk about? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
"I am supported by readers like you! Purchases made in my RedBubble Store or anything on Society6 through this link. It keeps this linguistic train chugging."